Sezgin’s book ‘Bilingualism and Music Education: A Turkish-German Perspective’ is out now. Order here: https://amzn.to/2AKGO2O
As a researcher Sezgin’s focal points are transcultural music education, early childhood music education and the role of music education in language acquisition. He also holds a Ph.D. degree from the University of Music and Performing Arts in Munich (under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Dr. Dr. Wolfgang Mastnak), in which he specialised in music education of bilingual children. He is happy to represent his work in different forms, like talking or writing, whenever he has the opportunity.
Talks / Research Paper Presentations:
- Music for Bilingual Families: A Turkish-German Perspective, Bath Spa University, United Kingdom, April 2019
- Musik und Mehrsprachigkeit, Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany, October 2018
- Musikerziehung beim bilingualen Spracherwerb Eine qualitative Studie mit türkischstämmigen Migranten in Deutschland. Mozarteum, Orff Institute, Salzburg, Austria. June 2018
- Musikerziehung beim bilingualen Spracherwerb Eine qualitative Studie mit türkischstämmigen Migranten in Deutschland. LMU, Internationale Forschungsstelle für Mehrsprachigkeit IFM, Munich, Germany. January 2018
- “We get happy; we write a song. We have a funeral; we lament.”: Turkish Immigrant Parents’ Educational Beliefs and Practices. 25th EAS Conference in Salzburg, Austria. April 2017
- Community Music for Turkish Immigrants. International Community Music Conference in Munich, Germany. November 2015
- Turkish immigrant parents’ perceptions and practices: The role of music in bilingual language acquisition. The Ninth International Research in Music Education Conference – University of Exeter, UK. April 2015
- Music supports bilingual language acquisition in Turkish immigrants: A qualitative music-educational study on preschool child development in Germany. 23rd EAS Conference in Rostock, Germany. March 2015
- Book: Bilingualism and Music Education, A Turkish-German Perspective, Peter Lang.
- Music, Speech and Multilingualism in Pedagogical Context, Orff Schulwerk Heute, Summer 2018 (Link)
- Contributor „Lied im Kontext“. Ursel Lindner, Wieland Schmid, March 2017 (Link)
- Zulumsüz Müzisyenlerden Güncel Haberler. (Current news from Cruelty-Free Musicians). Veg & Nature, Fall/Winter Issue 2016. (Preview)